I feel like I should write something nice and uplifting to make up for not posting, but that’s not where I am now, so I will keep it short and, er, short.
I believe I said before we made an offer and then accepted a counteroffer. We were all good to go.
The seller went and did the perc test right exactly where we did not want to build. And then they said they weren’t willing to do another one.
And NOW our realtor is saying that the perc test is NOT ACTUALLY A CONTINGENCY (yes, we double checked on this with him before we signed), so if we back out we are out of our earnest money. Even if we do our own perc test and it fails.
So now we are trying to decide whether to try our own perc test or just run screaming from the whole thing.
This is on top of my grandpa going into Hospice and, generally, downhill very fast.
I will probably not post again for a little bit. I will be back when things are calmer.